OTTA Fall Membership Meeting – Create Film and Pop Culture Themed Itinerary at Fall Meting in Astoria
October 1-2, 2018
Holiday Inn Express & Suites • Astoria, Oregon
Click here to register
Astoria is pleased to organize and host the Oregon Tour and Travel Alliance attendees Night Out.
Starting at 4:00 pm on Monday, October 1 will be a FAM tour of the surrounding area and Tuesday, October 2 will itinerary building.
From the Goonies jail cells in Astoria to the Animal House homecoming parade route in Cottage Grove locations throughout Oregon capture the hearts of film and t.v. fans around the world. Join OTTA members in Astoria, as we find inspiration from the Oregon Film Museum and Executive Director of Oregon Film Tim Williams to create an original and truly unique Pop Culture Itinerary for Oregon. Learn about the Oregon Films collaborative work with Travel Oregon, Travel Portland and other tourism partners to create the Oregon Film Trail and draw visitors to iconic film sites around the state. Bring your local knowledge of famous sites and hidden gems in your corner of the state to help make your region a star of this new itinerary that partners around the state will share with tour operators and clients around the world.
Need a little inspiration? Check out the list of film locations around the state https://oregonfilm.org/oregon-film-history/.
Speaker – Tim Williams has been both an executive and independent producer for more than 25 years and has partnered on projects with many companies in various capacities and locations with credits on many award winning titles. As Executive Director of Oregon Film, Tim has seen Oregon’s in-state film and video industry steadily growing and out-of-state dollars spread throughout the business communities in filming locations. These locations become tourist attractions for film and pop culture fans throughout Oregon. Oregon Film is working with partners around the state to leverage these film opportunities to strengthen communities long after filming ends.
OTTA members will be updating existing itineraries during this workshop. Come prepared to bring new energy to our tried and true itineraries with updated information on your local properties, attractions and restaurants. In addition to itinerary work, OTTA is creating a list of group friendly restaurants and accessible locations. We want to include your area, please come prepared to share group friendly dining options and locations for accessible travel itineraries.
Room Reservations: Room rates are $109 plus tax. Call 888.898.6222 and ask for the Oregon Tour & Travel Association room rate.
OTTA Winter Membership Meeting, B2B & Annual Night Out
December 11, 2018
Membership meeting and B2B – The Porter Hotel
Annual Night Out – Portland Spirit
Registration will open soon!
Save the Date for Tuesday, December 11th!
We have exciting news to share! Travel Portland will be hosting 15-18 receptive tour operators in Portland this December and has kindly agreed to partner with OTTA on a portion of their itinerary. We’re thrilled to offer our members a chance to meet key receptive tour operators who have a particular interest in Portland and Oregon!
Here are the details:
- The OTTA Winter Meeting will be held at The Porter Hotel in downtown Portland on Tuesday, December 11th from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
- The meeting will have an educational component, as we normally do, plus a refresher on how to work with receptive tour operators. Following lunch, we’ll conduct a B2B with some of our members and the receptive operators from 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm. Qualified members who are interested in working with receptives will have an opportunity to meet one-on-one with them. For those not participating in the B2B, we’ll have an OTTA member mixer from 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm in a separate room.
- The Sixth Annual Night Out will take place on the Portland Spirit that evening. Boarding will start at 6:00 pm and we’ll cruise and party from 6:30 – 10:00 pm, with the receptive operators as our distinguished guests.
- Travel Portland has partnered with the The Porter to offer members a discounted room rate of only $179/night (normally $329!!).
- TO RESERVE A ROOM:Please email Ashley Kingman at email@example.com and include your (1) name and (2) reservation dates. She will add your name to the Travel Portland Rooming List, allowing you to take advantage of the discounted rate. All OTTA members will be required to present a credit card upon check-in to the hotel. Please reserve your room no later than November 9th to receive the discounted rate and guarantee your room.
Reservations and further details for the OTTA General Meeting, B2B and the Night Out are still TBA. If you have any questions regarding B2B, please email our Organizational Development Co-Chair Mandy Morgan at Mandy.Morgan@wvv.com. Please save the date in your calendar now and book your hotel room with Ashley no later than November 9.
OTTA & Oregon’s Mt. Hood Territory present – Receptive Operators: From Contact to Contract